Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the Taxes and Fees?
A. We are required by the Government of Aruba to collect certain taxes. As of August 8th, 2022, all taxes and fees are included in the total booking price for your reservation. Unless there is damage to the property and/or missing items discovered at check-out, there are NEVER any additional charges. The taxes and fees are:
1. Cleaning Fee - This fee covers our professional housekeeping team which always ensures your rental is thoroughly cleaned after your departure and in perfect condition for your arrival.
2. Tourism Fee - This is a Government-required tax, also referred to as the Aruba Environmental Fee. This is charged at $3 per night regardless of the number of guests.
4. Sales Tax - This is a Government-required tax of 7% that is charged on the Cleaning Fee and any additional and optional services purchased.
5. City Tax - This is a Government-required tax of 12.5% on the total nightly accommodation rate only.
6. Room Tax - A small percentage fee that allows us to run our platform.
Q. Are children considered "Guests"?
A. Children aged 3 years or less are not required to be counted as guests, for booking purposes.
Q. What happens when I use a discount code?
A. Discount Code Usage and Booking Cancellation Policy:
At Bon Casita Vacation Rentals, our aim is to provide exceptional value and service to our guests. To maintain fairness and transparency in our promotional activities, the following terms apply when using discount codes:
1. Non-Refundable Policy for Discounted Bookings: Bookings made using a discount code are non-refundable. This policy takes effect immediately upon booking confirmation. Guests using a discount code agree to waive their right to a refund, except as noted in point 3. The normal payment schedule will apply to discounted bookings, with 40% due at the time of booking and the remaining 60% balance due 60 days prior to arrival. For bookings made 60 days or less prior to arrival, the entire reservation amount is due at the time of booking.
2. Changeability of Non-Refundable Bookings: While bookings made using a discount code are non-refundable, the Guest shall have the flexibility to change their reservation. This is permissible under the condition that the Guest provides at least 30 days notice prior to the original check-in date. Any changes to the booking must be rescheduled for an available date within one year of the original check-in date. This allows the Guest to adjust their travel plans while still enjoying their stay at our property. The Guest acknowledges that any changes to the reservation are subject to the difference in the nightly rate. Depending on the new dates selected, the total price of the booking may either increase or decrease. This adjustment reflects the prevailing rates for the new dates of the booking.
3. 24-Hour Grace Period for All Bookings: We offer a 24-hour grace period from the time of booking during which any reservation, even those made with a discount code, can be canceled for a full refund (less payment processing fees). This policy is designed to provide flexibility and peace of mind immediately following your booking.
4. Restriction on Rebooking with Discount Codes: For guests within their full refund booking window who opt to cancel their reservation, please note that if the booking is canceled and then rebooked using a discount code, the new booking will be considered void. This measure is to ensure equitable access to our promotions and manage property availability effectively.
5. Acknowledgement of Terms: By applying a discount code to your booking at Bon Casita Vacation Rentals, you acknowledge and agree to these terms. It is the guest's responsibility to be fully aware and in agreement with these conditions before finalizing their booking.
These guidelines are in place to ensure clarity and fairness in our promotional offers, allowing us to continue providing excellent service and experiences to all our guests. Should you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to contact us.
Q. Why book directly with Bon Casita Vacation Rentals?
A. When you book directly with us, you save up to 15% over booking with other major travel sites (i.e. Airbnb, VRBO, booking.com, etc.) You also have the satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting a local, family-owned business, instead of a large corporation.
Q. Why are there 2 separate charges on my card for my reservation? Is one of them a security deposit?
A. Since we only require 40% of the total booking amount to be charged at the moment of booking, if your reservation is more than 60 days away, the total reservation amount is split into 2 payments. If you make your booking more than 60 days prior to your arrival, you will see a charge for 40% of the total reservation at the moment of booking, and another charge for the remaining balance 60 days prior to your arrival. If you are making a new reservation with an arrival date less than 60 days away, you will still see the same separate charges, although both charges will be processed at the moment of booking. For reservations made at www.boncasaruba.com, a $250 security deposit is only authorized to your credit card 2 days prior to your check-out.
Q. What is the Non-Refundable Option?
A. We now offer a Non-Refundable booking option. When you use the discount code "NOREFUND" you will receive a 10% savings on the accommodations charge for your booking. The full amount of your booking will be charged to the provided credit card at the moment of booking, and your booking will be non-refundable.
Q: Can I apply a special rate or promotion to my booking after it has been confirmed?
A: No, once your booking is confirmed and payment has been processed, the rate for your stay is locked in. This means that any promotions or special rates introduced after your booking date cannot be retroactively applied to your reservation. By completing your booking, you agree to this policy.
Q. Do you offer long-term stay discounts?
A. YES! Our booking engine will automatically apply a 20% discount to all bookings of 30+ nights! However, we actually apply this discount to stays of 28 nights or more! Use discount code "MONTHSTAY" at check out for stays between 28 and 29 nights! If you are booking more than 30+ nights, there is no need to use the discount code as it will automatically be applied.
Q. Do you offer other discounts?
A. Yes! We frequently run promotions, discounts, and specials throughout the year. You can find the currently available discount codes on our website. We also offer discounts for stays longer than 7 nights and longer than 28 nights (not available on every property). "Stay" discounts are combinable with discount codes, however, only 1 discount code may be used per booking. Only 1 discount code is valid per booking. Certain discount codes may have restrictions such as which property they may be applied to, and/or which check-in dates they are valid for.
Q. Is booking with Bon Casita Vacation Rental safe?
A. Yes! All transactions are fully secured and encrypted for your protection. Bon Casita Vacation Rentals never has access to your financial information.
Q. What is your cancellation policy?
A. We offer one of the most generous cancellation policies in the industry! Most bookings are fully refundable (unless you select the non-refundable booking option, or use a discount code) until 60 days prior to your arrival. Between 60-31 days you will receive a 50% refund. 30-15 days prior to arrival you will receive a 25% refund. No refunds are issued for cancellations 14 days or less prior to arrival. *IMPORTANT* Any and all refunds are subject to a 4%-6% payment processing fee, depending on the country of origin of the credit card used, that is imposed by our payment processor, which is non-refundable. *ALL REFUND REQUESTS ARE PROCESSED IMMEDIATELY UPON REQUEST AND VERIFICATION, BUT CAN TAKE AS LONG AS 30 DAYS FOR FUNDS TO BE RETURNED*
Q. Why is my price not the same as the advertised lowest nightly rate?
A. Unlike typical vacation rentals which have a static price throughout the year, we use "dynamic pricing." This is similar to how hotels price their rooms and airlines price their tickets. Prices can fluctuate throughout the year based on factors such as demand, occupancy forecasts, and the number of inquiries a property is receiving. Our prices are automatically reviewed and updated once every 24 hours. There are always bookable dates at the lowest advertised prices, but always book early for the best deal!
Q. What are your payment terms?
A. For bookings with check-in dates more than 60 days away, only a 25% deposit will be charged at booking. The remainder will automatically be charged 60 days prior to your arrival. For bookings with check-ins less than 60 days away, the full amount of the booking will be charged. If you choose the Non-Refundable booking option, the entire amount of your reservation will be charged at the moment of booking.
Q. What is the refundable damage deposit?
A. For bookings made at www.boncasaruba.com, a refundable damage deposit of $250 USD will be pre-authorized to your credit card 2 days prior to CHECK-OUT. This is an authorization, not a charge, and will automatically be returned to you within 7 days as long as no damage to the property or missing items are discovered at your check-out.
Q. What is included with my booking?
A. All our properties are fully equipped for your enjoyment! We include beach chairs, beach towels, and a cooler for your use. We supply all beginning toiletries, paper products, and basic cleaning supplies. If your rental is equipped with a dishwasher and/or laundry, we also supply the soap! All of our properties are also stocked with premium “Aruba Aloe” bath products.
Q. What extras do you offer?
A. When you’re completing your booking, you’ll be able to select from several additional options to help make your vacation perfect! We offer our Fill-A-Fridge service, Aruba Goodies Welcome Basket, Crib/Playpen/Car Seat Rental, Early Check-In/Late Check-out (based on availability), and more!
Q. What is the 5-Star Concierge Service?
A. Our 5-Star Concierge Service is your complimentary portal to the perfect vacation. We can help to arrange anything you may desire! From vehicle rentals, excursions, restaurant reservations, and more! If it can be done in Aruba, we can help you book it!
Q. Is a rental vehicle necessary? Is there Uber/Lyft in Aruba?
A. Uber/Lyft and other ridesharing services do not operate in Aruba. Taxis are widely available, safe, and inexpensive, but waiting for your driver to arrive can take up a big chunk of your vacation time. Rental vehicles are recommended and are very affordable. We would love to book one for you! When you reserve a rental vehicle through us, roundtrip airport transportation is always included.
Q. What about COVID-19?
A. Immediately after each guest's departure, our expertly trained housekeeping staff thoroughly cleans each property from top to bottom, following all current CDC guidelines. Every high-touch service is sanitized, all linens are laundered at high temperatures and thoroughly sanitized, and a pass is made through each home with a sanitizing fogger machine to ensure that your stay is as safe as possible.